"so what's wrong with the decision to get a full report for oversight review and take it from there? don't you think we should have the facts before us to evaluate before coming to conclusions and acting one way or another.This got me to thinking, as I have heard these accusations before:
in your zealousness to correct some bad things you are ending up attacking and destroying the reputations of some good programs and organizations and causing damage to the good along with the bad.
maybe it's time to stop the shotgun approach and become a bit more directed to specific targets - this chemotherapy is damaging not only the bad elements but the whole collective system (what's left of it)!"
Yes, it's true, if it hadn't been for the last National Jewish Population Study, we would have no inter-marriage crisis in the United States. And, if it weren't for this G-d forsaken Blog and real reporters in the independent Jewish media, just think:
- JFNA would be the Garden of Eden some of its leaders actually believe it is;
- Jerry Silverman would be considered to be a competent CEO;
- The Global Planning Table would be transformational in changing Jewish life across the Globe;
- MASA would be doing just fine, thank you, with no perceptible oversight;
- Federation allocations to JAFI/JDC/World ORT would be as great as Federation CEOs believe them to be;
- None of the New York non-profits that have been at the center of news of corruption and a lack of oversight would have any difficulties;
- Etc., etc., etc.
My Anonymous friend points to a flaw he/she has identified in the reporting on these pages -- that I use a blunderbuss when a rifle would be more productive. I am not certain that I fully understand the charge inasmuch as I believe that these Posts have been pretty damn specific as to those I hold responsible for the damage done and being done to our communities and to the "whole collective system (what's left of it)."
And, so it is, that as long as abuses continue to threaten the very existence of some of my/our treasured institutions, I will highlight them even as the leaders of these institutions turn away and refuse even to acknowledge the possibility that their nonfeasance threatens the institutions they have been elected/chosen to lead. And I will do so until these leaders stand up, confess error and lead.