So, in my response to the meeting, I wrote the following to Michael:
"Please respond to the following questions prior to any vote:1. Can you please list what has been accomplished by JFNA for the federations during Jerry's tenure to date so that we may make an intelligent decision
2. What is Jerry Silverman's total compensation, including all benefits, for the current fiscal year."
There were other questions I might have liked to ask but didn't that would have included:
1. Are the four of you truly leading?2. Have you compared the record of CEO You Have Got To Be Kidding with those of Phil Bernstein, Marty Kraar, Stan Horowitz, all deceased, or Steve Hoffman or Brian Lurie?
3. Is JFNA or our system better off today than it was 4+ years ago?
4. Is this the recommendation of serious leaders?
5. Who was called by this "Review Committee" to get the now famous "pulse of the system?"
Then, one of you asked some further substantive and important questions:
Think any of these questions will be answered? One thing is certain, the extension of this contract on the record of the lat 4+ years means that this leadership just doesn't care.
"and another set of bedrock questions:
1. What is Jerry's and JFNA's understanding of the VISION of the federation movement?
2. What is the explicit MISSION of JFNA in fulfilling this mission?
3. What STRATEGIES have they/he conceived of and implemented to this end?
4. When,where and how are these type of questions seriously addressed?"