Saturday, January 30, 2010

THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME

I have learned to my dismay that more and more of our system's donors have chosen to "invest" in Madoff-like Ponzi schemes. Whether in south-east Florida or in the Boston area, schemers have made off with additional tens of millions leaving the "investors" not only unable to make pledges, but in many instances, to be unable to pay them. I was speaking to one of my closest friends about what appears to be our predisposition to seek get rich quick schemes and ignore the maxim "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I came up with following idea.

I will place an add in, let's say, the Sun-Sentinel, that will read as follows:

THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME

This is a once in a lifetime (ok, maybe for some the third chance in your lifetime) opportunity.

Ponzi schemer seeking 200 investors willing to invest $1,000,000 each. You will receive statements showing a 12% monthly return on your investment with me. Your monthly statement will provide details on stocks not purchased for your account, real estate investments that I haven't made for you and viatical settlements on insurance policies that I have not purchased on your behalf.

THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME

Are you going to let this opportunity to make a 12% monthly return slip through your fingers? Don't you want to tell your friends and neighbors that you have made an investment with a 12% monthly return and they haven't? Send your check in the amount of $1,000,000 made payable to me today at: Richard L Wexler Retirement Fund, P.O. Box 2010, Palm Beach, Florida. I promise you you will never see this money again. And, remember:

THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME

Be the first in and assure yourself of this guaranteed return. Our technicians are already preparing your phony monthly statements, your phantom income, all of which you can show your friends and families. For every million dollar check you produce from others, you will receive a bonus of $200,000 that will be deposited in your non-existent account. This is your chance for incredible paper wealth...don't blow it.

THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME...THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME

After this ad runs, I know that tens of checks will flow in. How could they not?
Our people know a "deal" when they read one, and I will be a rich man.

Rwexler

No comments: